Vee and I, like most of you, have a book addiction. With the list of what we want to read, plus the things we need to read (like books about parenting and things we need to study on the days we pretend to be grown up), plus the stuff we force each other to read, it’s practically impossible to crawl out from under this pile of potentially amazing gems. And don’t even get me started on the list of reviews we have to write. Who has time to write with all this reading?
Outside of the continuously growing list of things we want to read, the other problem is this: our husbands and kids always want us to do things like eat dinner with them and go to their soccer games/dance classes/etc. It’s exhausting! (Also there are rarely ever people there who want to take on the great debate of Peeta vs. Gale. They want to talk about The Bachelor or things like The Help). If our families weren’t pretty amazing, and if we didn’t think our husbands are totally hot (I mean, our own husbands because how weird would that be if Vee thought my husband was hot and I thought hers —who I went to high school with. Eeeww!—was hot. Awkward!) it would be difficult.
So here is what is currently ranking high on our To Be Read Lists (not just the books we’re dying to read, which would be NEVER ENDING, but books that are currently sitting on our desks, or on our Net Galley—just waiting to be devoured and hopefully loved).
1. The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell- I’m about three chapters in one this one. Already love the writing.
2. Jane by April Linder- I’m about a third of the way through this modern retelling of Jane Eyre. Mr. Rochester as an aging rock star? Sign me up.
3. Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson- I’ve heard such great things about this one that I had to snag it from the library the other day.
4. Across the Universe by Beth Revis- I’m about four chapters in on this. The premise is fantastic. The first chapters? Painful (not the writing but the actual experiences of the main character)! Ugh! Must have some kissing soon.
5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver- I loved Before I Fall and have heard amazing things about this book. It looks so pretty sitting on my bookshelf but I haven’t taken a peek at the pages yet.
6. The Duff by Kody Keplinger- Who hasn’t heard how amazing this debut novel is? I can’t wait to open it.
7. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini- This is a debut author and it deals with Greek mythology. Done deal.
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- Ok guys, I put the pressure on Vee BIG TIME to read this. Know why? Because she’ll love it.
2. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare- Nevermind the fact that Vee has accidentally referred to this one as Clockwork Orange. I have it on good authority that she’s read some of it has and now has the hots for Will. Just sayin.
3. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter- Oh Net Galley. We love you. Can’t wait to read this one.
4. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han- Vee, succumbing to Tee’s pressure, will love this book.
5. It’s Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han- And she’ll love this one, obvs.
Must get back to reading!