Fangirl Friday is hosted by the awesomeness that is Evil Eva at Nancy Drew is My Homegirl. Here’s what we’re freaking out about this week.
1. Christmas!!!!!- I mean, Thanksgiving is over. It’s safe to talk about it now, right? And I have to admit, you’ll be seeing this a lot on Fangirl Friday. I love me some Christmas.
2. Getting our Tree- Wha??? I know. I just mentioned Christmas. But getting our tree and Christmas are actually two different things. Getting the tree means making a huge pine needle/cobweb/dust mess in our house as we drag in a ginormous tree and lug in bins of decorations (and before you ask, no,we do not decorate our tree with busts of dead celebrities like Mia and her mom do in The Princess Diaries books). What’s really fun is watching my kids put all the ornaments on the lowest branches in large jumbles and then redecorating the tree once they’ve gone to bed. I’m not being sarcastic. I really love that because they never notice that it looks totally different the next day.
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2- Obviously, I saw this in the theater opening day BUT I haven’t watched it once since it came out on Blu Ray. What’s wrong with me? Mostly it’s because anytime I sit still for too long I fall asleep (unless I’m reading, of course). I will be watching this film this weekend. I have to.
4. American Horror Story- Do you guys watch that crazy business… because if not, let me tell you, it is a shizzstorm of insanity. And it’s scary. And I sometimes hide my face behind a pillow. But this week they are revealing the identity of Rubberman. To those of you who have not watched the show, it sounds like I’m talking about some weird S&M looking guy right? And to you I say, you are correct. Of course I haven’t watched the episode yet. It’s just sitting on my DVR, waiting to scare the pants off me.
5. Jay- Thanks to my friend Dixie at Gone Pecan, I’ve been introduced to the crushworthiness of Jay from The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting. This book was awesome (review coming, I promise) but for me, Jay was the star of the show (even though he totally isn’t the MC). The sequel, Desires of the Dead is calling to me now, as it sits on my bedside table waiting for me to finish the books ahead of it in line.