Our subject for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, as hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is Top Ten Winter To Be Reads. This, of course, is not to be confused with my Fall TBRs, the list I’ve barely tackled (it sucks that I need to sleep). So you may see a few repeats from my Fall list because other books have jumped in line ahead of them or because I promised a certain husband that I’d leave him something to buy me for Christmas. Enjoy.
1. Lola and the Boy Next Door– It’s driving me crazy that I haven’t read this yet because I know I’ll love it. In fact, I already love it. I probably should have just broken down and bought it, but I’m next in line at the library to borrow it. I’ll probably love it and rush out to buy it afterward and think, “Why didn’t I just buy it the day it came out?” I’ll tell you why: Because sometimes (LOTS of times) I make no sense.
2. Clockwork Prince– You guys, recently I forgot that this book—the sequel to Clockwork Angel– was coming out soon. And then I remembered and had a spazz. I mean, I think I can sum up my excitement in one word: Will.
4. Shatter Me– You want to know something stupid? I’ve actually recommended this book to people, but I haven’t read it (and I told them I hadn’t, but that I’ve heard such amazing things about it). Alas, I promised to wait until Christmas because no one ever knows what to buy me. It’s on the list.
5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone– I seriously have no idea how I’ve had the willpower to hold out on this one. Again, I put it on my list for Santa because he never knows what books to get me. IS IT CHRISTMAS YET???!!!!
10. Shut Out– Why haven’t I read this? I loved The Duff. Must read.