Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies at The Broke and The Bookish. Today we’re talking about books we’d most like to give as gifts and to whom we’d give them. I only came up with eight, so technically it’s a Top Eight Tuesday for me. Sadly, we won’t actually be giving these away because it could get a little expensive. You’ll see.
1. Ten Things We Did and Probably Shouldn’t Have– To Vee because #1, she’ll love it and #2 we often talk about what life would have been like if we’d known each other in high school. I wonder if it would have been like this minus the sex, the drinking and the lying (so, it would have been nothing like this book, but somehow just like it all the same).
3. The Hunger Games– To my husband, who really, really needs to read it if he thinks I’m going to let him see the film with me, where he’ll ask me all kinds of questions that he would have known the answers to if he’d just read the book (this may have happened in the Harry Potter movies. Alot). I guess he can just borrow my copies if he promise to treat them kindly.
4. Entwined– I think my ten year-old daughter, who loves fairy tales, would love this book. It’s magical and sweet with some suspense and darkness thrown in.
5. Divergent- To everyone I know who loves The Hunger Games (so, everyone really).
7. Where She Went– To my friend, Tammy, who loved the first book so much that while she read it in the bathtub, she sat there after the water had turned cold because she couldn’t put the book down down. I know. It’s Adam, hello.