Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is books I’m excited to read in 2012. Now, since there are still a ton of books from 2011 I need to read (as well as older books), I’m only going to focus on new releases.
1. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand- I loved the first book in this series, Unearthly. It was exceptional. The sequel comes out Januray 17, 2012. The wait is almost over!
2. Fever by Lauren DeStefano- This is book numero dos in The Chemical Garden trilogy. The first book, Wither, was so, so good and highly disturbing. What’s going to happen next? Fever comes out on February 21,2012. I’m psyched!
3. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver- Delirium was so fantastic. I’m dying to see what happens next. Luckily, I don’t have to wait until the publish date of February 28, 2012 because the ever awesome Dixie and Maggie at Gone Pecan just sent me their ARC. Holla!
4. Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter- Oh, I can’t wait to see what happens next for Henry and Kate. And let’s be real, more Henry. I need more. Book two comes out on March 27,2012.
6. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth- Well…have YOU read Divergent? ‘Nuff said. The sequel comes out on May 1, 2012.
7. Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready- You guys, this is the third and final book in the Shade series. I don’t want it to end, but I need closure (and more kissing). I’ll get that on May 1,2012.
8. When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle- Serle is a debut author who has written some fantastic, funny columns on other blogs. This book sounds so good to me. It comes out on May 1, 2012.
9. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare- Can you believe that this is book number five in the Mortal Instruments series? I still love these and don’t know if I can hold out until the release date of May 8,2012.
10. Underworld by Meg Cabot- This sequel to Abandon (which I loved. I mean hello, John is hot) comes out May 8, 2012. Also, it’s Meg Cabot. She can do no wrong.
11. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone- Let me just say that anytime you tell me that a book is like a YA version of The Time Traveler’s Wife (my favorite book on the entire planet), I’m there. That’s what the buzz is on this one, which is being released on October 9, 2012.
12. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins- I don’t think it’s possible for Perkins to write a book that isn’t completely charming. I’m totally excited to read this second and final companion to Anna and the French Kiss. We don’t have a solid publication date yet, but we know it’s coming in 2012.