Oooooh It’s Friday the 13th! (This really means nothing to me, but I can’t totally ignore it. Some people take that business seriously.) After a few weeks away from Fangirl Friday, it’s back!!! I love participating in this feature, but my husband and kids were home for three weeks of Christmas Vacation and that left little time for blogging. Now it’s on like Donkey Kong.
So where to begin? Fan Girl Friday is hosted by my girl Evil Eva at Nancy Drew is My Homegirl. Here’s what I’m obsessing over this week:
1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone– Sandi at Teen Lit Rocks is going to be so happy to hear this. I’ve finished the book (which was fantastic and so beautifully written, omg) and I’m still thinking about it. I’m going to have to re-read it soon.
2. My husband read The Hunger Games. And liked it- This excited me because any time someone reads a book I recommend to them and likes it, I feel validated (it’s sad really). Also, he gives me serious crap for reading YA (though he’s a mega bookworm too) so to have him read it and like it makes me smile sweetly and say “In yo face Hubs! (but I still love you)”.
3. The Five Year Engagement- Forever Young Adult did this great post on Tuesday and it was then that I saw the trailer for The Five Year Engagement. OMG, I want to see this movie. I love movies with people who are dorky and funny and who either get hurt and/or fall down alot. This movie was made for me.
4. There are awesome books sitting on my bookshelf right now:
5. Universal Studios Baby- I’m taking a trip to Universal Studios, Hollywood this weekend. I haven’t been there in years!