Woot! It’s Friday! That’s means it’s time to have a good spazz over the things that have me buzzing this week.
Fangirl Friday is a feature hosted by my pal Evil Eva over at Nancy Drew is My Homegirl!
1. SUMMER VACATION!!! Whhaaaaa? I know. It’s like four months away. BUT…I just found out that one of my very best friends and all of her people (you know, husband and kiddos) are flying out from Virginia in June and will be here for over two weeks. This makes my heart do somersaults!!!! Tammy (she and I share the same name) went to high school with my husband and I. When we got older, she and I used to have Tammy Night (where we’d basically go out and eat dinner and drink cocktails and where my husband–who was my boyfriend at the time–used to always try to invite himself. Know why? Because girl talk is way fun. Especially when margaritas are involved). And later we were in each other’s weddings (and her husband has the same name as my husband, which everyone always thinks is so funny–because it is). Many years and lots of kiddos later, they are still two people I adore and I’m crazy excited that they’ll be here in a matter of months!
2. Shatter Me– Yes, I’ve been saying forever that I want to read this. I waited like a good girl for someone to buy it for me for Christmas because SOMEONE (my husband) always complains that SOMEONE (me) buys every book on the planet and never leaves anything to put under the Christmas tree. This isn’t true because at any given time there are about a billion books I want to buy/read, but to him it feels that way. Anyhoo, SOMEONE (my hubs) bought it for me for Christmas and I finally started reading it. Let me tell you, there’s some serious swoon potential here.
3. The Oscars! In our house Oscars=Nacho Night. I’m so psyched to watch the show, see the dresses, find out who wins, and, best of all, watch the speeches. There are so many lovely, funny humble ones and then there are always those people who take themselves waaaaaay too seriously and act like they’re changing the world with their performances (um, reality check. You’re totally entertaining as you recite the words that OTHER PEOPLE HAVE WRITTEN. Just sayin).
4. Projects! I know this has nothing to do with books, but I love cute decorating ideas. I’m a stay at home mom and by hubby is a teacher, so I’m not out hiring an interior designer and pulling dollar bills off the money tree in the backyard though, so I love blogs that have fun ideas I can do on my own. This is one of my favorite ideas, mostly because I’m obsessed with jars.
This super-awesome blog, The Painted Hive, has a free template and directions for applying these great stickers to kitchen canisters. I love this idea!
5. This lady named JK Rowling–heard of her?–she’s going to publish another book. The spazz levels on this one are so through the roof for me. Seriously. This is freaking my freak in the best way possible. I don’t care what her book is about. Clearly I’m going to love it since, you know, she has a pretty amazing track record. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!