Fangirl Five (which I somehow always call Fangirl Friday, I guess because I get really excited about Fridays) is hosted by Evil Eva at Nancy Drew is My Homegirl.
Let’s talk about the things I’m finding pretty spazzworthy this week:
1. On Saturday, my new issue of Entertainment Weekly came and it was bursting with Hunger Games-y goodness. Even my husband and daughter wanted to read it. (What were they thinking? It’s MINE).
2. Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness- I’m only about of a third of the way into third and final (sniff sniff) novel in the Chaos Walking trilogy, but it is excellent. I fear for my little Viola and Todd, especially because the other two books didn’t exactly have happy endings, and because Ness never shies away from killing off characters I’m attached to—but I love it. If you have not read this awesomesauce trilogy, do yourself a favor and pick up the first book, The Knife of Never Letting Go. Trust me.
3. Madmen trailers- Hello, it’s been over a year since we’ve heard from that good guy/bad guy/not so sure guy Don Draper (whom I love. He wears hats). I need to know the scoop. I think all of the scenes in this clip are from last season, but I don’t even care. That’s how desperate I am for the return of this show.
4. The Muppets spoof The Hunger Games- This just makes me smile in every way possible.
5. Cinna- I normally try so hard to avoid clips from films I’m dying to see (other than trailers). But I had to watch this clip. Had. To. I mean, it’s The Hunger Games, it’s Cinna, AND it’s Lenny Kravitz. That’s like the perfect storm of cool.
Happy Friday Everyone!