Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Today we’re talking about books we’d most like to play hooky with. Though there are many, many, MAN EEEEEEEEE books I’m dying to read this Spring, there are some that seem like from the moment I pick them up I’ll never want to let them go. They’ll be unputdownable (either because they make me cry, they make me swoon or they stress me out. All of these are very good things). Here are a few I’m willing to ignore my friends and family for:
1. Underworld by Meg Cabot- Y’all I’ve already read this one (and loved it. Review to come) and already I’m dying to read it again. This is the sequel to Cabot’s Abandon. Let me give you just a slight tease. Pierce wakes up in the Underworld in the arms of John. And he’s shirtless. (I was sold at this point, just sayin). No, really.
2. Selection by Kiera Cass- I’ve heard such good things about this book, which sounds almost like a dystopian Cinderella (I could be way off here, but I have no idea as I refuse to read the reviews). Either was, the buzz is good and it’s already being developed into a television show that I’m sure to crush on.
4. Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready- The more I think about this book the more I realize that I’m dying to read it. I’m sad that it’s the end and all, but I love this series. And that’s a pretty huge deal since paranormal books aren’t usually my thing. I’ve already heard that it’s so good. I can’t wait! Plus, I’d be lying if I didn’t tell you that I’m looking forward to more
sexy stuff romance between Zach and Aura.
5. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger- What you say? Isn’t that an old book you’ve read fifty billion times? Why yes, it is. But I love it and I’m so overdue for another re-read. Also, as I get more and more excited about the fall release of Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone, it makes me want to read TTW all the more. It will have to pacify me until October.
7. Lost in Time by Melissa DelaCruz- The sixth book in the Blue Bloods series came out ages ago, so I have no idea why I haven’t read it. Yet as with all of the other installments, I’ll have to finish it in one sitting because that is how much I love jack Force.
8. Insurgent by Veronica Roth- Again, this is one that I’ll have to read in one sitting. There will be no sleep until I finish it. If it’s even half as jaw-droppingly awesome as Divergent I’m going to be so satisfied.
9. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson- This book is guaranteed to make me cry, no question about it. But I like Matson’s writing. Her debut novel, Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour, was quirky and cute. It definitely made me a fan.
10. Starters by Lissa Price- Um, this has a weird body switching Twilight Zone vibe going on. I love that. I’ve not read any reviews, but I’ve seen the trailer, which totally reminded me of this episode of the Twilight Zone I saw once where old people could have a surgery to look all young and hot again (in totally different bodies) with their minds and memories intact. This looked vaguely like that only totally creepy.