Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
You guys, I so totally suck at this week’s topic, Top Ten Authors You’d Like to See on a Reality Show. While I think this is a fantastic idea and I give props to the B&B girls for always thinking of great topics, I’m drawing a total blank here. I don’t really watch a ton of reality TV, with the exception of a few random episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County (but come ON. They’re orange, puffed up with who knows what in their boobs and lips AND they live near enough to me–deep into the next county over– that while I may not recognize these ladies, I recognize that type of woman).
Anyhoo, I’m totally excited to see everyone’s ideas here, but as for me, I’m listing the ladies I’d love to have a girly slumber party with:
1. Jane Austen- I need to know what happens to Knightley and Emma, Anne and Wentworth and, of course, Darcy and Elizabeth. End of story. Maybe if I fed her enough cocktails she’d cast them for me with modern-day celebs.
2. Meg Cabot-The creator of Michael Moscovitz Fake Man of My Dreams would SO be invited to my slumber party. I’d try really hard not to ask her if she thinks Michael would like me. Also, I think I’d like to hear more about John (Abandon) and Jesse (Mediator).
3. Sarah Dessen- Oh my goodness, I love this lady. Her books are fantastic, her Twitter feed is hilarious and she just comes across like such an awesomely normal girl/wife/mom.
4. Leila Sales- I’ve told you before, I wish she were my best friend. This is because, based on her books, tweets, etc, she would make me laugh a lot. I think this is an important quality in a person.
5. E. Lockhart- Why? Well have you read her books? She is a huge dose of awesome. Maybe it would rub off on me.
6. Gayle Forman- OMG I love her books. She has to promise not to make me cry though.
7. Melina Marchetta- Do I have to even explain this? She rocks.
8. Stephanie Perkins- I love her books. Anyone who can write such sweet, funny characters is invited to my house any day of the week. Plus I want to know how she pictures Cricket Bell.
9. Lauren Oliver- If she speaks in any way as beautifully as she writes I’ll be completely mesmerized. She could talk about pizza. It doesn’t matter.
10. Rebecca Serle- I loved her recent book and I think her guest posts on Forever Young Adult are so funny. Again, make me laugh and I’ll be your best friend.