Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by those awesome gals over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is Summer To Be Reads. Yeah, I should just let you know now, this list will be eerily similar to my Spring TBR because I’ve only read four of those. Four! Out of TEN! I’ve read tons of other things, but somehow I never get to the books I’m supposedly dying to read. How does this happen?
So here’s my new list, rolled over from my Spring list. Hopefully I actually make some progress here.
1. A Million Suns by Beth Revis- Do you remember how much I loved the pants off of Across the Universe? Remember how I said I couldn’t wait for the sequel? Said sequel has been sitting on my shelf since February. And it’s not because I don’t want to read it, because I’m really excited to. Must. Read. Now.
2. Timepiece by Myra McEntire- This is the sequel to Hourglass. I didn’t love everything about the first book, but it was pretty good. And it has time travel, which I’m always a big sucker for. Also, I think the couple has definite swoon potential. I have a Net Galley of this right now. Why am I not reading it?
3. The Selection by Kiera Cass- Oh lordy, I want to read this so bad. I have a good reason for not reading this one yet. You see, I make dumb rules for myself. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Always say please and thank you. No buying anymore books until you’ve finished the twelve on your nightstand. But oh, this one will be such a sweet reward in the end.
4. Insurgent by Veronica Roth- Yeah, I’m thinking I should read this. I mean, I loved Divergent. You know it’s bad when friends that I’ve recommended Divergent to are coming up to me to tell me how much they loved Insurgent. But again, I have The Rule.
5. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare- The Rule is putting a serious damper on my adoration of Jace. I need more of him. I need to see more of this connection to…spoiler alert…Sebastian. And I want to finally read that dirty sexy club scene in full.
6. The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting- Need more Jay. Also, Rafe better stay far, far away from me (and by me I mean Violet, obvs).
7. Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready- Shh. I know the cover is horrifying, but I love this series. I’ve heard that the end is so, so good. I’m not sure I’m ready to say goodbye yet, but I’m going to try.
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- I have avoided this only because I don’t want it to give me a sad. But the excerpts I’ve read and the recommendations from trusted friends have all led me to believe that my love for this story will supersede everything else. Also, hello, it’s John Green.
9. Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg- I really liked Prom & Prejudice (for obviously reasons: prom and a P&P retelling? I think I’m in love!). Eulberg had such a cute writing style and I’ve heard such good things about Take a Bow. It just sounds like the perfect, beachy, girly girl read.
10. Thumped by Megan McCafferty- I liked Bumped. It was totally unique and provocative and super-snarky. I want to know what happens next.