Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week we’re talking about book characters we’d switch places with for a day.
Believe it or not, this was a really difficult topic for me. Wha??? I know. I realized that many of my favorite heroines suffer from some serious drama such as dead siblings or parents, or any range of stuff that would freak me out (like hearing dead people or avoiding tracker jackers. Love reading about it. Would never want to do it). I like my life just the way it is thankyouverymuch, but here are a few people I’d consider being for a day.
1. Bridget Jones, Bridget Jones’ Diary– This is of because Bridget lives in London, a city I dream vividly of visiting one day and, of course, has nothing to do with the images in my head of Colin Firth as Mark Darcy. Obviously.
3. Mia Thermopolis, The Princess Diaries series– Now, I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that I’m listing Mia because of my crazy insane love for Michael Moscovitz
(and you’d be so very right) but honestly, I just adore everyone in this series other than JP that awful, disgusting corn hater. I’d love to meet them all, check out Fat Louie’s collection of shiny things behind the toilet, have some Number One Noodle Son and make fun of Rommel a bit.
4. Jane, Austenland– When I read the premise of this book (Darcy-obsessed girl goes on all-expenses paid vacay to a super-secretive Jane Austen-themed resort in England), I wondered why no one has actually done this. You know, opened a resort like that. Can you imagine how fun it’d be? And how many nerds would dig on it? I’d totally go! But alas, since Pemberely Park is not real, I’d be happy to switch places with Jane for a day as she attempts to shed her Darcy fixation once and for all.
5. Charlie Bucket, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory– I believe I’ve mentioned my intense love of chocolate, so obviously this makes sense on every level. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
6. Belly, The Summer series– Now, don’t get me wrong, there’s definitely some sadness in Belly’s life. Her story isn’t always easy, but I love the idea of the Fisher beach house and how Belly spent every summer there growing up with the two boys she’d one day love. Also, I love the beach and have always, always wanted a beach house. Just putting it out there in case someone wants to buy me one.
7. Clary Fray, The Mortal Instrumenst series– Clary also has her fair share of drama what with being in love with a guy who may possibly be her brother (major ew factor). And yes, there are demons and things always trying to kill her and the people she loves, BUT MAN, this girl is fierce. I love her, I love the Shadowhunters and this incredible world Cassandra Clare has created. Oh and Clary’s boyfriend, Jace? He’s all right too. Ahem.
9. Anne Elliot, Persuasion– Admittedly, Anne doesn’t have the easiest, most charming time in this book, but I’d love to switch places with her on the day she gets the letter from Captain Wentworth. Oh, that letter. One of the most romantic things I’ve ever read in a book.
10. Emma, Emma– I would love the chance to switch places with adorably mislead little rich girl because I adore the sweet world she lives in. England, hello. Wealth, yes please. The object of one Mr. Knightley’s affections, um, yeah.