Hey! Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the ladies at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they choose a topic and we all babble and create lists (I love lists) of our top ten things within that subject. And sometimes I cheat, you know, because it’s really hard to only list ten things.
This week we’re discussing our most anticipated reads of 2013 and I have to tell you, I’m really bad at this. There are all kinds of books I’m super-excited about and yet next year, when I’m making my Most Anticipated Reads for 2014 list, I’ll probably still not have read a bunch of my 2013s. It’s not because I’m not excited. Sometimes I just prefer to wait until a series is complete to finish it. Sometimes I just have so many books to read that I put myself on the library wait list instead of pre-ordering (because even when I do, I never read them. Hello, A Million Suns. Remember when we were friends back in February and I was dying to read you? Still am and yet there you sit on my bookshelf). And sometimes, in fact, quite often, I just get distracted by other shiny objects.
Either way, this is what I’m excited about right now. At this very moment. Like, I can’t wait.
1. Requiem by Lauren Oliver- It’s the final Delirium. And spoiler alert, if Lena ends up without Alex I will lose it. Kthanksbye.
2. Prodigy by Marie Lu- The next Legend. I really liked the characters here and I want to know more about how America came to be all dystopic. Also, I picture Day as Leo from his R&J days, and that is never a bad thing.
4. The Elite by Kiera Cass- This is book two in The Selection series. Guuuurl, I gotta know what happens with that whole love triangle (I have no idea who I want her with, but I think it’s definitely probably Maxon). Also, I must know why those rebels keep attacking the castle.
5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone #3 by Laini Taylor- So, the second book, Days of Blood and Starlight is out now and I already need the final book. Oh I said it. Need.
6. Awaken by Meg Cabot- This is the third and final book in the Abandon series. I love this series, even though it is a little darker for Cabot (though not dark dark). I have to know what happens with Pierce, especially after what happened with John…know what I’m saying?
8. The final Divergent book by Veronica Roth- I should probably read Insurgent, but I’m still excited.
10. Fire with Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian- This is book two in the Burn for Burn series. I liked the first book. I’m intrigued.
So what are you psyched about reading next year?