Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by those lovely ladies at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they choose a topic and we ponder and list and discuss it amongst ourselves. It’s fun. You should try it.
Anyhoo, this week we’re supposed to discuss the things we want Santa to bring us. This one is always really hard for me because, well, I’m a mom. I don’t have a huge want list because I feel very blessed in life and because I really suffer from that Mom Syndrome where I feel sort of guilty getting things for myself. I’d like to read a book in the bathtub without someone barging in. Or get dressed without someone knocking on the door. Can you give me that? And to be quite honest, I don’t know that those things will ever exist in my universe. 🙂 Otherwise, my wish list is pretty simple because there isn’t much I can ask for, but here goes:
1. The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness- I loved this series, but I borrowed it from the library. This is one set of books that I need on my shelves next to my Harry Potter and Princess Diaries collections. They deserve a place of honor.
2. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor– I have (or had) an e-galley of this one, which I haven’t read yet, but I just love real books made of paper. I can’t explain it. I’d prefer to read it that way.
3. A copy of Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver– This was an excellent book and I’m certain that I’ll love Requiem when it comes out (oh Alex, I’m rooting for you buddy). I feel I need to own the complete series.
4. Past Perfect and Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales– She just makes me laugh. These are books I would read again and again to bring a smile to my face. I mean, if I actually owned them.
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green– Because I loved it. I borrowed it from the library, but this is one I want so that I can read it forever.
6. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater– Because all of my friends say it’s good. And I trust them.
7. For some serious Damon and Elena time on The Vampire Diaries– So, it’s not a gift you can wrap. I’ve waited a long time for broody old Stefan to be out of the picture. I feel I deserve this. And none of this cheesy sire bond BS, okay?
8. Bewitched on DVD- Ok, also not a book, I realize. Have I ever expressed to you my love of old TV shows like Bewitched, Leave it to Beaver and The Twilight Zone? I watch them all as often as possible (and I love that my kids can watch them too). Beaver and Twilight Zone are on Netflix, so we watch them a lot, but I have to record Bewitched and it isn’t on very often. That show makes me smile, particularly the years with the first Darren.
That’s all I can think of unless you want to talk about makeup or boring stuff like pillows and candles.
5 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday- Christmas Wish List”
ooh, I have a signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars & I LOVE IT. and I would love a copy of days of blood and starlight, too, even though I have the egalley. I know exactly what you mean about the mom syndrome and taking a bath by yourself. I just had to take a shower with Jonah in the room because he wouldn’t leave me alone. 🙂 hopefully his memory retaining hasn’t kicked in yet.
I need to get a set of Chaos Walking for my collection, too, as I read that from the library and it was really good so I’m sure I’ll reread at some point! Also, I’m curious about The Raven Boys, since I’ve heard good things recently, but never heard about the book before!
I like Bewitched too! 🙂
I downloaded Chaos Walking when they were $.99 each (score!) but I’d LOVE to own a nice copy of them! I pre-ordered Days of Blood and Starlight, and it looks so pretty next to my copy of Daughter of Smoke and Bone… but I haven’t read it yet. What is wrong with me?!
I think I saw a copy of TFIOS at our used book store and had this niggling feeling telling me to buy it to give to one of my SC girls, but I didn’t… should have gotten it for you! 🙂
Looooooooooooooved Days of Blood and Starlight, I hope you’re able to get a copy of it soon. Its such a captivating read. :]