Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. I love this meme because there are few things more satisfying than making lists. I don’t know why this is true, but I know you get what I’m saying.
This week we’re talking about series we want to read but haven’t started yet. I thought it would be difficult because there are lots of series where I’ve only read one or two of the books and haven’t finished the entire grouping yet, but it seemed hard to come up with ten I hadn’t even started. After thinking it over and poking around the Goodreads profiles of a few friends (do you do this? I’m a total Goodreads stalker), the list came easily:
1. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray- Do you know that I’ve never read a Bray book? I have a feeling this tragic. Must get on it.
2. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater- I really hate Shiver, but Miss Maggie won my heart with The Scorpio Races. I have high hopes here.
3. The Masque of The Red Death by Bethany Griffin- I love the original story, even though it’s way creepy. I’ve heard this is a good rewrite.
4. If We Kiss by Rachel Vail- I read about these once on Meg Cabot’s blog. Whenever she recommends a book I usually love it. Plus the title sounds so cute & girly.
5. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- Full disclosure: I actually read the first chapter of this and couldn’t get into it. I’ve been told by my close pals that I should have trucked on because this series is so good. I will deinifitely give it another shot.
6. The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd- I’ve been wanting to read this forever!
7. Cinder by Melissa Meyer- Cinderella and robots, hello, I’m there.
8. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting- I love her other series, The Body Finder. She writes such good suspense and swoon.
9. The Jenna Fox Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson- How these have slipped my radar for so long I’ll never know.
10. The Giver by Lois Lowry- My eleven year-old daughter is in love with this series and has assured me I’ll love it. She’s even going to let me borrow her copy.