Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
This week we’re discussing our Summer To Be Read Lists. Now, right away you can assume something pretty obvious: I’ve made little or no progress on my Spring (or Fall) TBRs. But let’s ignore that. It’s fun to drool over books and plan on what to read even though other books always seem to sneak in there and steal the spotlight away and even if, unfortunately, my body continues to demand sleep every single day. A girl can dream
1. Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway- Ever since reading Also Known As, I’ve felt that Benway is my kind of girl. She’s funny; she’s witty; she cool without trying too too hard. And guys, I own this book. A signed copy even. The chances I’ll read it are looking good (A Million Suns, which I had to have and has sat on my shelf unread for a good year and a half, just snorted in the background).
2. The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May & June by Robin Benway- Again with Benway. I will, no question about it, read this because I borrowed it from a friend. You always, always read the books friends loan you (I say this to all my friends I force books on).
3. The Elite by Kiera Cass- I need to know what happens with America and Maxon and that whole hot mess going on with Aspen. The rule in my head states I must finish the eleventy other books on my nightstand first though. It could be a while, especially since it’s summer and my kids will be begging to go to the library where I will happen upon a stack of books I never intended upon reading. That’s how it goes.
4. Just One Day by Gayle Forman- I’m honestly not sure how I’ve managed to wait this long. I have a signed copy from the LA Times Festival of Books (where I fully embarrassed myself by dorking out in a huge way). I’m actually enjoying the wait. It’s going to make this read all the sweeter.
5. Prodigy by Marie Lu- I also own this. And it’s signed ( I don’t know why, but that always makes me feel like I really should read it). My kid has already read it! Chances I’ll pick it up soon? I’d say good.
6. Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting- This is the next book in The Body Finder series. And it has Jay Heaton in it. I’d read any book with him. I’m presently on the wait list for this at the library.
7. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey- I haven’t even bothered to find out what this is about, I just know my friend Sandie says I have to read it, so I’m there. Behind thirty-eight people ahead of me at the library. I may have to break down and buy this one.
8. Invisible by Marni Bates- I thought Awkward was so cute and this sequel is the story of Jane, best friend to internet sensation, Mackenzie Wells. It’s on my Nook right this very moment.
9. Gates of Paradise by Melissa De La Cruz- This is the finale to the Blue Blood books. I need to read it! And I will. I think. I’m on the wait list at the library.
10. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith- This sounds like such a summer book. I will read it, I swear. I’m on the wait list at the library for this.
Funny thing about this list: I was requesting the books from the library as I was writing it. Killing two birds with one stone, people! Boom.