Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
This week we are discussing awesome (or weird…but I’m going with awesome) character names. I mean, there are sooo many bad ones. The Evers and Havens and Echos of the world can all nod in agreement because they know their names were selected from the Soap Opera Cast Off Book of Baby Names.
But some books have good names, ones that make up for all the others.
1. Luna Lovegood, The Harry Potter series- Right?
2. Sirius Black, The Harry Potter series- Well, yes, we could go on for days listing characters from these books, true, but I’ve always particularly loved Sirius because it brought to mind a sort of dark, hot smart-ass (as wonderful as Gary Oldman is, no, that is not how I pictured him, even as an older guy).
3. Jack Force, The Blue Bloods series- No question about it. Everyone wants to make out with a guy named Jack Force, even if there is definitely a creepy vibe with his twin sister.
4. Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird- Wow, I love this guy, love his name.
5. Karou & Akiva, The Daughter of Smoke and Bone series- I couldn’t choose between the two and they so clearly go together.
6. Jonah Griggs, Jellicoe Road- Oh yes, you knew that was coming. No list would be complete without Jonah Effing Griggs. Also, another Melina Marchetta honorable mention: Finnikin. What a good, strong name.
7. Frankie Landau Banks, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks- Her real name is Frances, but I prefer Frankie, just the same. She fared better than her sister, Zelda.
8. Cameron Quick, Sweethearts- Breaks my heart every time I see his name.
9. Augustus & Hazel, The Fault in Our Stars- I couldn’t choose because I love them both.
10. Lennie Walker, The Sky is Everywhere- Named after John Lennon. How perfect is that? Also, her boyfriend, Joe Fontaine (bat bat) sounds like a fifties movie star to me. Love them both.
11. Michael Moscovitz, The Princess Diaries- Totally biased. Yep, that’s me. That name brings me such happy thoughts. And you know what else does? The ever loyal best friend to Mia, Tina Hakim Baba. Gotta love that name.
6 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday- Character Names I Love”
I was so close to putting Michael next to Mia in my list but didn’t. I loved those books. Karou is such a pretty name, and Daughter of Smoke & Bone is next on my to-read list. 🙂
gotta give a shout out to Cricket Bell (I just love that fella)
and Etienne St. Clair as well
I loooove Lennie! She almost made my list. And OF COURSE Jack Force is a total HOTTIE name! I’d make out with him…and maybe more! Karou and Akiva also made my list because they’re perfect. *sigh* Fantastic list! 😀
You know, I don’t really love the name Augustus Waters. It’s just so much. I do like the name Hazel Grace a lot though.
And seriously, all the Harry Potter names are fantastic!
Some good names on this list. 🙂 I love the HP names.