Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
This week the topic is authors I’ve never read before. Let’s just go ahead and skip the classics, because while there are many classics I ADORE, there are tons I haven’t so much as looked twice at. Good gravy, the reader guilt!
I’m going to focus more on authors whose books I’m sort of dying to read but for some reason I’ve never actually attempted to pick up. And the sad thing is, I know their books are good. Everyone says so. And often I read the synopsis on the covers and I think, man, I have GOT to read that. And then I walk away and read The Princess Diaries or The Sky Is Everywhere again (so, either way I’m good, right?). Here are the authors I must get to, like, now.
1. Melissa Meyer– Okay, Cinder is on my desk right as we speak. I called it in from the library but I haven’t picked it up yet. It’s close; I can feel it. (Editor’s note: I just started it!)
2. Libba Bray– I know. The shame. And the thing is, I know I’ll love her books.
3. Veronica Rossi- Under The Never Sky. This sounds like a series I’ll read and regret how long I’ve waited to get into.
4. Kiersten White– Yep.
5. Holly Black– I’m not sure if I’m even cool enough to read her (ok, no, I’m totally not). Her books sound edgy and mysterious. Totally intimidates me and I don’t know why. This isn’t high school.
6. Elizabeth Scott– Her stories sound good to me. Why haven’t I read one? Not sure.
7. Rick Yancey– Because The Fifth Wave was supposed to be awesome when all my friends told me about it ten thousand years ago.
8. Ruta Sepetys– Her books sound incredible and beautiful, like they might break my heart and put me back together again. Must. Read. Soon.
That’s all for now. I couldn’t make it to 10. I’m sure there are more authors–too many, but I can’t think of them at the time!