Fangirl Friday is a feature hosted by my pal Evil Eva over at Nancy Drew is My Homegirl. Basically, we talk about the things we think are awesomely exciting. The problem this week is that we’ve had half the household, including me, under the weather this week, so really all that I find super exciting right now is sleep (and maybe a warm blanket). Here are a couple of things that have made me feel better though:
1. Saving June by Hannah Harrington– You guys, I just finished this book on Thursday and I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it. The subject matter seems like a major downer, but it’s well written and sweet. There will be a review to come but you should check it out.
2. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare– Has this been on every single one of my Fangirl Fridays? Probably. It finally arrived and I started it. All I can say is holy. Freaking. Cow. Page 204 (Am I right Dixie? Oh yes). It’s really good.
3. Young Adult– It’s Christmas vacation for my entire family (the hubby is a teacher so he has two weeks off, the kiddos are kiddos so they have three weeks off. Yea!) and at some point we will be going to the movies. I have to see Young Adult. I mean, not with my kids, of course, but me and the hubs. I’ll totally have a love/hate relationship with Charlize Theron’s character, which is awesome. I can’t wait.
That’s all for now!
Fangirl Friday is hosted by Evil Eva at Nancy Drew is my Homegirl. Here’s what’s freaking my freak this week:
1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation– Of course there are the standards like A Charlie Brown Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and It’s a Wonderful Life, but a this movie is a true gem. It’s just not Christmas without it.
2. Love, Actually-It doesn’t have to be Christmas for me to watch this movie, but for some reason I really love watching it while I wrap presents. I think this is the weekend.
3. Clockwork Prince– I’ve mentioned this one before, I know, but my copy HASN’T FREAKING ARRIVED YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The agony!
4. Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzel with Cashews– I get this every single time I go to Disneyland (along with about ten thousand other varieties of junk food because Disneyland is not about rides. It’s about food). I will be there this weekend, stuffing my face.
5. Hogwarts- Y’all, Universal Studios just dropped da bomb on Tuesday that they are opening a Harry Potter attraction in their Hollywood park. This is HUGE news to us West Coast Muggles because hello, we’re nerds. Also, as Vee so eloquently put it as we were spazzing out about this announcement, “In yo face Florida.” (Um, nothing against Florida or anything but now we can grab a butterbeer anytime we want to. I mean, sometime in 2014 but whatever).
Fangirl Friday is a feature hosted by my pal Evil Eva at Nancy Drew is My Homegirl. You know what’s great about it? I get to talk about things that make me all giddy. Here are my current obsessions:
1. NanoWriMo is over! Yea. I can stop pretending to still be writing for it since technically I gave up about a week and a half ago. Side note: NanoWriMo, I say this every year but, I really hate you.
2. Clockwork Prince– Holy mama it’s coming on December 6th. I purposely left this off my Christmas list because there is NO WAY I’m waiting to read it.
3. Partay– This weekend we will be celebrating the birthday of one of our very good friends. Do you know what that means? It means that I get to wear a dress (I should probably go buy one) instead of my jeans AND maybe, if I decide to get really crazy, maybe I’ll have a cocktail. Or two. Look out.
4. Disneyland at Christmastime– I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, but I love Disneyland with a crazed intensity. Of course, being a native of So Cal, I loved it as a kid. Then I grew up and got all “Dland rides are lame because they aren’t scary.” Then I had kids and realized again that it truly is the happiest place on Earth. I’m not saying that to be a dweeb. I really, really love it. If you’re not from here, you may not realize that the park gets all revamped for the holidays. They change The Haunted Mansion to a The Nightmare Before Christmas theme and they change It’s a Small World (they sing Jingle Bells instead) and there’s lights everywhere and there’s a ranch where Santa and his reindeer are. It’s all really cute, but the best part is the Christmas parade, followed by snow. Snow is a big deal here since, you know, we rarely see it and even then you have to trek up to the mountains. And the snow is made of soap bubbles but whatevs. We love it.
5. The Princess Present by Meg Cabot– I think it’s time for a re-read of one of the Princess Diaries novellas, The Princess Present. Oh, y’all know what that means. Thazz right, it’s time to talk about Michael Moscovitz Fake Man of My Dreams. He and his sister, Lilly, visit Mia in Genovia for the holidays and there’s a big party, and of course, Lilly acts like a jerkhead, and Michael is all swoony in his tux. And there’s kissing. AND presents, hello. I love it.