Fangirl Friday is hosted by my awesome pal Evil Eva over at Nancy Drew is My Homegirl. It’s where we spazz over our latest obsessions.
1. Man or a Muppet- You guys, how adorable is it that this song won an Oscar? I loved this movie (and all of the songs) and I loved the acceptance speech because…accent alert… I didn’t realize that Brett McKenzie was from New Zealand.
2. Spreading the Adam Love-So it’s no secret that I love Adam from If I Stay/Where She Went. He is totally and completely swoonworthy on every level. This week I got my friend Tammy (this is a different Tammy from the one I mentioned last week. I surround myself with Tammies) finally got a chance to read WSW and her reaction was stellar. I mean, she loved it OF COURSE. But when I walked over to her car in the school parking lot the other day, she was in the middle of reading it. She didn’t say hello or anything. She got out of the car and said...SPOILER ALERT. CLOSE YOUR EYES IF YOU HAVE NOT READ IT…”SHE. HAS . HIS. GUITAR. OMG.” I was like, I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea for spreading the Adam love!
3. Did you realize that it’s March? March means The Hunger Games. It’s almost here.
4. The Princess Diaries– I don’t think it should matter that I’ve read this book so many times I can possibly recite it. Or that I have a ginromous stack of books on my nightstand. Books I haven’t actually read. I still decided to read it the other day. Why? Because what could be better than seeing Michael tease Mia about her postnuclear Armageddon life mate choice of Josh Richter (bad choice Mia!) or reading about all of those moments when Michael is tutoring Mia in Algebra and their knees sort of brush together? Or course, all she’s busy doing is freaking out about her breast size (I hear ya, girl) and about how bad it sucks that she’s a princess–but she comes to her senses eventually. Those books never get old for me.
5. Romeo & Juliet- The Baz Luhrmann version. I was thinking about the fact that Luhrmann is doing The Great Gatsby (holy crap I love that book) right now with Leonardo DiCaprio and that got me thinking about how much I loved his version of Romeo and Juliet. Of course I love the Franco Zeffirelli version too.
But for some reason, the BL one spoke to me a little more. I loved the casting and the music and the imagery. It was perfect. I’ve been listening to the soundtrack alot lately and I’m primed to watch it today while everyone is at school (since there is no episodes of The Vampire Diaries until March. What. The. Heck?)
And can I get a sigh for Leonardo DiCaprio? I’m so 90’s.