As you know, Vee’s computer has been a bit of a crankypants, turning our final Mondays Bite post into a Wednesdays Bite. So without further ado, here are her final answers to the questions posted by the awesome Ginger at GReads.
Chapters 21-24 & Epilogue
1. In chapter 21 James calls Bella telling her he has her mother and the only way he won’t kill her is if Bella comes alone. What would you do in that situation? Come alone or tell Alice and Jasper?
I am a HUGE coward…so I probably wouldn’t have even made it as far as Bellla has already made it down this story line. Had I made it through I would have fo’ SHO’ have told Alice and Jasper about this. I also wouldn’t have assumed that all ballet studios looked the same. For really? Ugh. That just irritated me, but alas, how could the story line continue had she not been a little dense about this, right? It’s like when the girl in the horror film decides it’s a good idea to “walk down the stairs”…we yell at the TV, but yet, it always just happens.
2. Was everyone else as shocked as I was when I first found out about the Alice/James situation? Do you think this adds to the story line or was it not needed? Why do you think they choose not to include these details in the movie?
I was shocked, it completely piqued my interest, and I almost wished Meyers had more details to share on Alice’s history…especially after I read the histories of the others in Eclipse. I won’t even talk about how I felt about that being left out of the movie because I’ll combust. I’ll just say, in as calm a voice as I can…wish it had been there.
3. Edward had to do something extremely difficult in order to save Bella from becoming a vampire. Have you ever had a similar situation in your life where you had to push your will power to its limits?
Most boring answer ever: no, I never have.
4. Bella and Edward get into the “to change Bella or not to change Bella” argument in the hospital. If you were Bella, would you want to become a vampire? Why or why not?
If I were in Bella’s situation, feeling the passionate love, and knowing – somehow – that this was my only soul mate and that I was as awkward in my regular human form as I was, I’d tot’s go for being a vampire.
5. Twilight ends with everyone going to the prom. Did you go to your prom? Was your experience similar to Bella’s? Feel free to include pictures!!
Ha, ha…no, no, no…no pics for me. But I did go to my prom, and, as I’ve shared before, I went to an all girl school. Due to my lack of access to the other gender, a friend of mine fixed me up with her neighbor and man, did I wish that we’d met before. Moral to the story: NEVER get fixed up on a blind date for the prom. Bella’s prom night was 20 million times better than mine!
EXTRA: So, it’s over…Final thoughts?
Twilight is a delicious read!!