Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is Books You’d Want on a Deserted Island (which is, of course, totally how I think. Books and chocolate and I’d be set). This is actually a very tough topic because as much as I love to make lists, the idea of whittling down my favorites to only ten is practically impossible. So this list is based mainly on how these books make me feel. There are so many others I’d like to add, but TEN you guys, only ten (OK, I may have cheated a little).
2. Emma by Jane Austen– I love me some Pride & Prejudice and Darcy, but give me the folks at Hartfield and a good lecture from Mr. Knightly any day.
3. Forever Princess by Meg Cabot– Holy wow, I love this entire series, but since this is the final book and the Michaelness is so particularly lovely and Mia is so adorable and still so grown up, this is the book I’d have to choose as my favorite to read over and over again for all time.
4. Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince by JK Rowling– Oh, this one is hard too. I love this whole series, especially The Prisoner of Azkaban and the last two books (and all of them), but the drama in this one killed me. It was so excellent.
6. Where She Went by Gayle Forman– I loved If I Stay as well, but if I had to choose a favorite of the two, it would be Adam’s story in WSW. This book made my heart sing. It was breathtaking and romantic and sad and uplifting. It’s everything Mia and Adam’s story should be.
11. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee– I can’t say enough how much I love this book. It surpasses everything you’ve ever heard and it has the man I think is the best literary character ever written (male or female), Atticus Finch.
Have a great Tuesday!