Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by those fabulous, fabulous girls over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week we’re getting all psyched up about the books we want to read in 2013.
Really? Do we honestly think I can whittle this down to ten books? TEN. Onetwothreefourfivesixseveneightnineten? No, probably not, but we’ll give it a shot, maybe cheat a little, and mention a few (but not all) of the books I’m lusting after for the coming year.
1. A Million Suns by Beth Revis- Well, no TBR list would be complete without me adding this little gem that has sitting sitting on my bookshelf all gorgeous and pristine since February. And you guys, I want to read this. I do. I loved the first book. I cannot explain the hold up here.
4. Isla and The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins- Am I the only one who feels like I’ve been waiting twenty-five years for this one to come out? Guaranteed to be adorable.
5. My Suicide Playlist by Leila Sales- Because she’s funny and I love her other books. I don’t even need to know what this one’s about. I want to read it now.
6. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: this book is described as a cross between Sleepless in Seattle and You’ve Got Mail. Basically, it’s a hog heaven of cute swooniess. Is it any wonder I’m dying to read it?
10. The Finales- A few beloved series are coming to a close in 2013. The final books from The Infernal Devices series (Clockwork Princess, Cassandra Clare), the Delirium series(Requiem, Lauren Oliver), the Abandon series (Awaken, Meg Cabot), and the final Divergent (Veronica Roth) are all coming!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT.
11. Books from the Sara(h)s- Sara Zarr whose books I love beyond words, has a new one coming out called The Lucy Variations, and Sarah Dessen, Queen of Swoony Boys, has a new one called The Moon and More coming this summer. Must read both!